Jump to Main Content
- Díaz, Kenya; López-González, Mar; del Castillo, Luis F.; Riande, Evaristo
- Journal of membrane science 2011 v.383 no.1-2 pp. 206-213
- activation energy; artificial membranes; carbon dioxide; diffusivity; ethane; ethylene; gases; glass transition temperature; hydrogen; methane; nitrogen; oxygen; permeability; polymers
- ... This work reports the permeability of hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, methane, ethane and ethylene across ZIF-8/poly(1,4-phenylen ether-ether-sulfone) hybrid membranes containing 0, 0.10, 0.20 and 0.30 weight fractions of ZIF-8. The glass transition temperature is independent on the filler content suggesting that the filler does not affect the polymer chains mobility. The study was car ...
- Krishna, Rajamani; van Baten, Jasper M.
- Journal of membrane science 2011 v.383 no.1-2 pp. 289-300
- artificial membranes; carbon dioxide; coordination polymers; diffusivity; equations; glass; hydrogen; methane; models; molecular dynamics; sorption isotherms; zeolites
- ... Micro- and meso-porous materials such as zeolites, metal-organic frameworks (MOFs), covalent-organic frameworks (COFs), zeolitic imidazolate frameworks (ZIFs), Vycor glass, MCM-41, and SBA-15 are used in membrane separation in a wide variety of applications such as CO₂ capture. For process development and design purposes the Maxwell–Stefan (M–S) equations are widely used for modeling mixed gas per ...