Jump to Main Content
- Díaz, Kenya; López-González, Mar; del Castillo, Luis F.; Riande, Evaristo
- Journal of membrane science 2011 v.383 no.1-2 pp. 206-213
- activation energy; artificial membranes; carbon dioxide; diffusivity; ethane; ethylene; gases; glass transition temperature; hydrogen; methane; nitrogen; oxygen; permeability; polymers
- ... This work reports the permeability of hydrogen, nitrogen, oxygen, carbon dioxide, methane, ethane and ethylene across ZIF-8/poly(1,4-phenylen ether-ether-sulfone) hybrid membranes containing 0, 0.10, 0.20 and 0.30 weight fractions of ZIF-8. The glass transition temperature is independent on the filler content suggesting that the filler does not affect the polymer chains mobility. The study was car ...
- Plackett, David; Siu, Ana; Li, Qingfeng; Pan, Chao; Jensen, Jens Oluf; Nielsen, Søren Fæster; Permyakova, Anastasia A.; Bjerrum, Niels J.
- Journal of membrane science 2011 v.383 no.1-2 pp. 78-87
- X-radiation; ambient temperature; artificial membranes; cations; clay; dimensional stability; electric power; fuel cells; hydrogen; hydrogen bonding; infrared spectroscopy; ion exchange; permeability; phosphoric acid; polymers; relative humidity; salts; tensile strength
- ... Good dispersion of modified laponite clay was achieved in polybenzimidazole (PBI) solutions which, when cast and allowed to dry, resulted in homogeneous and transparent composite membranes containing up to 20wt% clay in the polymer. The clay was organically modified using a series of ammonium and pyridinium salts with varying polarity and hydrogen-bonding capacity. Clay modification by ion-exchang ...