Jump to Main Content
- Siepmann, J. Ilja, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2016 v.520 pp. 434-449
- adsorption; artificial membranes; butanes; crystals; distillation; energy efficiency; industrial applications; isomers; mathematical models; prediction; process design; zeolites
- ... The aim of this work is to develop enabling tools that can assess the potential of zeolite membranes for industrial applications. The specific objectives are: (1) Develop a detailed mathematical model of a zeolite membrane separation process for accurate performance prediction under industrial conditions, and (2) Perform conceptual process design and techno-economic evaluation of the overall proce ...
- Siepmann, J. Ilja, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2017 v.540 pp. 464-476
- adsorption; artificial membranes; beers; bioethanol; cost effectiveness; crystals; diffusivity; distillation; economic sustainability; energy conservation; equations; ethanol; financial economics; fossil fuels; hydrophilicity; hydrophobicity; industry; lignocellulose; molecular models; process design; viability; zeolites
- ... Lignocellulosic biomass-derived ethanol offers a potential alternative to fossil-derived fuels. However, the energy-intensive nature of its recovery process, i.e., a sequence of two distillation columns – beer and rectification columns - enriching from 5 to 37, and 37–93wt%, respectively, limits its environmental and economic benefits. In this paper, we assess the potential of using zeolite membra ...