Jump to Main Content
- David Plackett; Ana Siu; Qingfeng Li; Chao Pan; Jens Oluf Jensen; Søren Fæster Nielsen; Anastasia A. Permyakova; Niels J. Bjerrum
- Journal of membrane science 2011 v.383 no.1-2 pp. 78-87
- X-radiation; ambient temperature; artificial membranes; cations; clay; dimensional stability; electric power; fuel cells; hydrogen; hydrogen bonding; infrared spectroscopy; ion exchange; permeability; phosphoric acid; polymers; relative humidity; salts; tensile strength
- ... Good dispersion of modified laponite clay was achieved in polybenzimidazole (PBI) solutions which, when cast and allowed to dry, resulted in homogeneous and transparent composite membranes containing up to 20wt% clay in the polymer. The clay was organically modified using a series of ammonium and pyridinium salts with varying polarity and hydrogen-bonding capacity. Clay modification by ion-exchang ...
- Sandeep Sarkar; Sibdas Bandyopadhyay; André Larbot; Sophie Cerneaux
- Journal of membrane science 2012 v.392-393 no. pp. 130-136
- additives; aluminum oxide; ambient temperature; artificial membranes; ceramics; clay; extrusion; filtration; mechanical properties; pastes; physicochemical properties; plasticizers; rheological properties; wastewater
- ... Ceramic pastes of different clay–alumina compositions were prepared with required rheological property for extrusion processing. The composition was varied from 0 to 85weight percent (wt.%) of clay and remaining alumina and mixed with different organic additives which acted as binder, plasticizer, pore former along with water. The paste was then extruded to green capillary tubes with dimensions of ...