Jump to Main Content
- Plackett, David; Siu, Ana; Li, Qingfeng; Pan, Chao; Jensen, Jens Oluf; Nielsen, Søren Fæster; Permyakova, Anastasia A.; Bjerrum, Niels J.
- Journal of membrane science 2011 v.383 no.1-2 pp. 78-87
- X-radiation; ambient temperature; artificial membranes; cations; clay; dimensional stability; electric power; fuel cells; hydrogen; hydrogen bonding; infrared spectroscopy; ion exchange; permeability; phosphoric acid; polymers; relative humidity; salts; tensile strength
- ... Good dispersion of modified laponite clay was achieved in polybenzimidazole (PBI) solutions which, when cast and allowed to dry, resulted in homogeneous and transparent composite membranes containing up to 20wt% clay in the polymer. The clay was organically modified using a series of ammonium and pyridinium salts with varying polarity and hydrogen-bonding capacity. Clay modification by ion-exchang ...
- Delhorbe, Virginie; Reijerkerk, Sander R.; Cailleteau, Céline; Bathfield, Maël; Chikh, Linda; Gouanve, Fabrice; Ogier, Lionel; Espuche, Eliane; Ameduri, Bruno; Vidal, Serge; Gebel, Gérard; Morin, Arnaud; Fichet, Odile
- Journal of membrane science 2013 v.429 pp. 168-180
- X-radiation; artificial membranes; crosslinking; electrolytes; fuel cells; functional properties; hydrogen; oxygen; permeability; polymers; propane; sorption; water vapor
- ... Original membranes based on an interpenetrating polymer network (IPN) architecture combining a poly(2-acrylamido-2-methyl-1-propane sulfonic acid) (AMPS) network and a fluorinated network were synthesized. The AMPS weight compositions were varied from 50 to 70wt%. The first network was achieved by radical copolymerization of AMPS with a fluorinated telechelic diacrylate while the second one was ob ...