Jump to Main Content
- Kim, Yongmin, et al. Show all 13 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2020 v.614 pp. 118483
- aluminum oxide; ammonia; asymmetric membranes; catalysts; catalytic activity; electricity generation; fuel cells; hydrogen; hydrogen production; mass transfer; noble gases; palladium; power generation; ruthenium; steam; tantalum; temperature; water reservoirs
- ... For catalytic reactions involving H₂ extraction, the membrane reactor is an attractive option for enhancing the equilibrium and kinetics while eliminating excessive purification steps. In this study, a steam carrier adopted composite membrane reactor system is developed to produce pure H₂ (>99.99%) from ammonia with high H₂ productivity (>0.35 mol-H₂ gcₐₜ⁻¹ h⁻¹) and ammonia conversion (>99%) at a ...
- Kim, Yongmin, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of membrane science 2019
- asymmetric membranes; catalytic activity; diffusivity; hydrogen; mathematical models; palladium; permeability; purification methods; reaction kinetics; solubility; strength (mechanics); temperature; thermal stability
- ... As one of hydrogen purification techniques, membrane separation has a significant potential to directly obtain high-purity hydrogen from the mixed gas produced from various catalytic reactions. Specifically, dense metallic membranes exhibit several advantages including good mechanical strength under pressurized conditions, thermal stability, and high hydrogen selectivity. Conventionally, their per ...