Jump to Main Content
- Aono, Akio; Chikamatsu, Kinuyo; Yamada, Hiroyuki; Igarashi, Yuriko; Murase, Yoshiro; Takaki, Akiko; Mitarai, Satoshi
- Journal of microbiological methods 2018 v.154 pp. 52-54
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis; drugs; enzyme activity; enzymes; liquids; phenotype
- ... We modified Wayne's pyrazinamidase test against Mycobacterium tuberculosis to indirectly measure pyrazinamidase activity via pyrazinoic acid in liquid medium. The modified pyrazinamidase test was easy to perform and its results were in complete agreement with those of the conventional Wayne's method, highlighting its potential application in phenotypic pyrazinamide susceptibility testing. ...
- Pham, Nam; Dao, Nelson; Saviola, Beatrice
- Journal of microbiological methods 2018 v.154 pp. 112-117
- Mycobacterium smegmatis; Mycobacterium tuberculosis; carotenoids; cell growth; gene overexpression; genes; macrophages; pH; phagosomes; plasmids; protein synthesis; proteins
- ... As inducible protein expression plasmids available for mycobacterial species are limited, here we demonstrate the utility of an acid-inducible promoter driving gene and subsequent protein expression of a difficult to express protein. We wanted to assess the use of an acid inducible promoter expression system to produce proteins in a mycobacterial system, specifically proteins that when overexpress ...