Jump to Main Content
- Iovene, Maria Rosaria; Martora, Francesca; Mallardo, Enza; De Sio, Marco; Arcaniolo, Davide; Del Vecchio, Chiara; Pagliuca, Chiara; Signoriello, Giuseppe; Vitiello, Mariateresa
- Journal of microbiological methods 2018 v.154 pp. 124-126
- bacterial infections; prostatitis; protocols; semen
- ... The objective was to investigate the diagnostic accuracy of our microbiological protocol to simplify the evaluation of bacterial prostatitis in the clinical practice.Our findings show the possibility to apply our alternative enrichment semen culture method to detect prostatic bacterial infection with higher sensitivity than the gold standard M&S technique. ...
- Ilina, Polina; Ma, Xiaochu; Sintim, Herman O.; Tammela, Päivi
- Journal of microbiological methods 2018 v.154 pp. 40-45
- Escherichia coli; antibiotic resistance; bacteria; bacterial infections; beta-galactosidase; pathogenicity; quorum sensing
- ... The continuing emergence and spread of antibiotic-resistant bacteria is worrisome and new strategies to curb bacterial infections are being sought. The interference of bacterial quorum sensing (QS) signaling has been suggested as a prospective antivirulence strategy. The AI-2 QS system is present in multiple bacterial species and has been shown to be correlated with pathogenicity. To facilitate th ...