Jump to Main Content
- Masters, T.L.; Hilker, C.A.; Jeraldo, P.R.; Bhagwate, A.V.; Greenwood-Quaintance, K.E.; Eckloff, B.W.; Chia, N.; Hanssen, A.D.; Abdel, M.P.; Yao, J.Z.; Jen, J.; Patel, R.
- Journal of microbiological methods 2018 v.154 pp. 55-62
- RNA; bacteria; cDNA libraries; complementary DNA; diagnostic techniques; hosts; infectious diseases; pathogens; sequence analysis; transcriptomics
- ... With the emergence of RNA sequencing technologies, metatranscriptomic studies are rapidly gaining attention as they simultaneously provide insight into gene expression profiles and therefore disease association pathways of microbial pathogens and their hosts. This approach, therefore, holds promise for applicability in infectious disease diagnostics. A challenge of this approach in the clinical se ...
- PubMed Central:
- Lee, Ji Eun; Jo, Sung Jin; Park, Kang Gyun; Suk, Hyun Soo; Ha, Sung Il; Shin, Jeong Seob; Park, Yeon-Joon
- Journal of microbiological methods 2018 v.154 pp. 118-123
- Campylobacter; Streptococcus pneumoniae; anaerobes; antibiotic resistance; bacteria; blood; bottles; diagnostic techniques; matrix-assisted laser desorption-ionization mass spectrometry; pellets; saponins; yeasts
- ... We evaluated the two in-house sample preparation methods (saponin method (SAP) and [saponin + Sputazyme] method (SSPZ)) for direct identification of microorganisms using MALDI-TOF MS from positive blood culture bottles. Also, we evaluated the [saponin + Sputazyme] method for direct antimicrobial susceptibility testing (AST) using Vitek 2 system.For direct identification, 163 prospective, monomicro ...