Jump to Main Content
- Magistro, Giuseppe; Magistro, Christiane; Stief, Christian G.; Schubert, Sören
- Journal of microbiological methods 2018 v.154 pp. 25-32
- Escherichia coli; antisense RNA; bacteria; gene expression; gene silencing; genes; open reading frames; plasmids; protocols; translation (genetics)
- ... Here we present a simple and rapidly achievable protocol for gene silencing in Escherichia coli (E. coli). In this procedure, antisense RNA (asRNA) of 400-nucleotides (nt) length and absolute complementarity to the target is produced by an expression plasmid. The designed asRNA should ideally cover at least the −10 site of the promoter and the Shine-Dalgarno sequence, and additional 300-bp of the ...
- Delavat, François; Bidault, Adeline; Pichereau, Vianney; Paillard, Christine
- Journal of microbiological methods 2018 v.154 pp. 1-5
- Pseudoalteromonas; Vibrio campbellii; Vibrio harveyi; bioluminescence; electroporation; gene expression; genes; phenotypic variation; plasmids
- ... Vibrio campbellii BAA-1116 is renowned for its bioluminescence properties, and genetic tools are available to genetically track this strain. However, many other ecologically important V. harveyi strains exist, for which only few genetic tools are available. In this study, a rapid electroporation protocol was developed to transform replicative plasmids in various environmental V. harveyi and Pseudo ...