Jump to Main Content
- Rohit Khandelwal; Sonal Agrawal; Divya Singhi; Preeti Srivastava; Virendra Swarup Bisaria
- Journal of microbiological methods 2018 v.151 pp. 111-117
- Zymomonas mobilis; bacteria; bacteriophages; biobased products; ethanol; genes; genetic engineering; metabolic engineering; metabolites; mutants; plasmids; polymerase chain reaction; pyruvate decarboxylase
- ... Zymomonas mobilis ZM4 is a gram negative ethanologenic bacterium used in several biotechnological applications. Metabolic engineering in this bacterium is limited because of the available genome engineering tools. In the present study, we report genome engineering in this bacterium using bacteriophage lambda Red genes. Stability of plasmid replicons RK2 (pSIM9) and pBBR1 (pSIM7) containing the lam ...
- Kundi Yang; Mengyang Xu; Fanyi Zhong; Jiangjiang Zhu
- Journal of microbiological methods 2018 v.154 pp. 147-155
- Lactobacillus; data quality; digestive system; functional properties; humans; lactic acid; lactic acid bacteria; metabolites; metabolomics; monitoring; probiotics; spectrometers; sugars
- ... Lactobacillus, the major genus of lactic acid bacteria group, plays functional roles in the human body, for example, convert sugars to lactic acid. They are the significant microbiota which can be found at a number of human body sites, such as the digestive system, urinary system, and genital system. A number of Lactobacillus species are often used as probiotics and can benefit host health when ad ...