Jump to Main Content
- Klima, Cassidy L.; Zaheer, Rahat; Briggs, Robert E.; McAllister, Tim A.
- Journal of microbiological methods 2017 v.139 pp. 155-160
- Mannheimia haemolytica; agglutination; antiserum; cattle; cost effectiveness; genes; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; polysaccharides; serotypes
- ... Mannheimia haemolytica is an important respiratory pathogen of ruminants. Of the 12 capsular serovars identified, 1 and 6 are most frequently associated with disease in cattle, while 2 is largely a commensal. Comparative analysis of 24 M. haemolytica genomes was used to identify unique genes associated with capsular polysaccharide synthesis as amplification targets in a multiplex PCR assay to disc ...
- Srinivasan, Vidya; Stedtfeld, Robert D.; Tourlousse, Dieter M.; Baushke, Samuel W.; Xin, Yu; Miller, Sarah M.; Pham, Trinh; Rouillard, Jean-Marie; Gulari, Erdogan; Tiedje, James M.; Hashsham, Syed A.
- Journal of microbiological methods 2017 v.139 pp. 15-21
- biotin; cost effectiveness; databases; food pathogens; genes; genetic markers; glass; gold; microarray technology; polymerase chain reaction; screening; silver; virulence
- ... Parallel detection approaches are of interest to many researchers interested in identifying multiple water and foodborne pathogens simultaneously. Availability and cost-effectiveness are two key factors determining the usefulness of such approaches for laboratories with limited resources. In this study, we developed and validated a high-density microarray for simultaneous screening of 14 bacterial ...
- PubMed Central: