Jump to Main Content
- Klima, Cassidy L.; Zaheer, Rahat; Briggs, Robert E.; McAllister, Tim A.
- Journal of microbiological methods 2017 v.139 pp. 155-160
- Mannheimia haemolytica; agglutination; antiserum; cattle; cost effectiveness; genes; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; polysaccharides; serotypes
- ... Mannheimia haemolytica is an important respiratory pathogen of ruminants. Of the 12 capsular serovars identified, 1 and 6 are most frequently associated with disease in cattle, while 2 is largely a commensal. Comparative analysis of 24 M. haemolytica genomes was used to identify unique genes associated with capsular polysaccharide synthesis as amplification targets in a multiplex PCR assay to disc ...
- Periyannan Rajeswari, Prem Kumar; Soderberg, Lovisa M.; Yacoub, Alia; Leijon, Mikael; Andersson Svahn, Helene; Joensson, Haakan N.
- Journal of microbiological methods 2017 v.139 pp. 22-28
- Campylobacter jejuni; DNA; Gallid herpesvirus 1; avian influenza; biomarkers; color; droplets; fluorescence; microorganisms; nucleic acid hybridization; pathogens; polymerase chain reaction; poultry
- ... We present a droplet PCR workflow for detection of multiple pathogen DNA biomarkers using fluorescent color-coded Luminex® beads. This strategy enables encoding of multiple singleplex droplet PCRs using a commercially available bead set of several hundred distinguishable fluorescence codes. This workflow provides scalability beyond the limited number offered by fluorescent detection probes such as ...