Jump to Main Content
- Lehman, Stephanie S.; Mladinich, Katherine M.; Boonyakanog, Angkana; Mima, Takehiko; Karkhoff-Schweizer, RoxAnn R.; Schweizer, Herbert P.
- Journal of microbiological methods 2016 v.129 pp. 8-13
- Burkholderia thailandensis; antibiotic resistance; bacteria; chromosomes; genes; genetic engineering; genetic resistance; mutants; spectinomycin; streptomycin; transporters
- ... An obstacle for the development of genetic systems for many bacteria is the limited number of antibiotic selection markers, especially for bacteria that are intrinsically antibiotic resistant or where utilization of such markers is strictly regulated. Here we describe the development of versatile cassettes containing nourseothricin, streptomycin/spectinomycin, and spectinomycin selection markers. ...
- PubMed Central:
- Lewinska, Anna M.; Hoof, Jakob B.; Peuhkuri, Ruut H.; Rode, Carsten; Lilje, Osu; Foley, Matthew; Trimby, Patrick; Andersen, Birgitte
- Journal of microbiological methods 2016 v.129 pp. 28-38
- Chaetomium globosum; Stachybotrys chartarum; cardboard; construction materials; gypsum; micro-computed tomography; microbial growth; mycelium; plywood; porosity; scanning electron microscopy; soft-rot fungi; white-rot fungi; wood
- ... Fungal growth in indoor environments is associated with many negative health effects. Many studies focus on brown- and white-rot fungi and their effect on wood, but there is none that reveals the influence of soft-rot fungi, such as Stachybotrys spp. and Chaetomium spp., on the structure of building materials such as plywood and gypsum wallboard. This study focuses on using micro-computed tomograp ...