Jump to Main Content
- Hyunmin Koo; Joseph A. Hakim; Mickie L. Powell; Ranjit Kumar; Peter G. Eipers; Casey D. Morrow; Michael Crowley; Elliot J. Lefkowitz; Stephen A. Watts; Asim K. Bej
- Journal of microbiological methods 2017 v.135 pp. 69-76
- Bacteroides; Danio rerio; Lactobacillus; Legionellales; Rhizobiaceae; Rhodobacter; adverse effects; animal models; bacteria; bile acids; bile secretion; bioinformatics; biosynthesis; diet; digestive system; digestive system diseases; ecosystems; gluten; intestinal microorganisms; metagenomics; microbial communities; microbiome; serine; threonine; vitamin B12
- ... In this study, we report the gut microbial composition and predictive functional profiles of zebrafish, Danio rerio, fed with a control formulated diet (CFD), and a gluten formulated diet (GFD) using a metagenomics approach and bioinformatics tools. The microbial communities of the GFD-fed D. rerio displayed heightened abundances of Legionellales, Rhizobiaceae, and Rhodobacter, as compared to the ...
- PubMed Central:
- Kundi Yang; Mengyang Xu; Fanyi Zhong; Jiangjiang Zhu
- Journal of microbiological methods 2018 v.154 pp. 147-155
- Lactobacillus; data quality; digestive system; functional properties; humans; lactic acid; lactic acid bacteria; metabolites; metabolomics; monitoring; probiotics; spectrometers; sugars
- ... Lactobacillus, the major genus of lactic acid bacteria group, plays functional roles in the human body, for example, convert sugars to lactic acid. They are the significant microbiota which can be found at a number of human body sites, such as the digestive system, urinary system, and genital system. A number of Lactobacillus species are often used as probiotics and can benefit host health when ad ...