Jump to Main Content
- Nakayama, Motokazu, et al. Show all 12 Authors
- Journal of microbiological methods 2017 v.137 pp. 6-13
- epigallocatechin gallate; flavanols; fluorescence; green tea; hemocyanin; limpets; monoclonal antibodies; oxygen; surface plasmon resonance; theaflavins
- ... Catechins are major polyphenolic compounds of green tea. To investigate mechanism for antibacterial action of catechins, 11 monoclonal antibodies (MAbs) were raised against a 3-succinyl-epicatechin (EC)-keyhole limpet hemocyanin (KLH) conjugate. Amino acid sequences of variable regions determined for MAbs b-1058, b-1565, and b-2106 confirmed their innovative character. MAb b-1058 strongly interact ...
- Nakayama, Motokazu, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of microbiological methods 2011 v.86 no.1 pp. 97-103
- Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus; bacteria; catechin; cell adhesion; cerium; epigallocatechin; hydrogen peroxide; pH; polystyrenes; transmission electron microscopy
- ... We developed a novel method using indirect staining with cerium chloride for visualization of the catechin derivative epigallocatechin gallate (EGCg) on the surface of particles, i.e., polystyrene beads and bacterial cells, by electron microscopy. The staining method is based on the fact that in an alkaline environment, EGCg produces hydrogen peroxide, and then hydrogen peroxide reacts with cerium ...