Jump to Main Content
- Goetz, Angela; Lanig, Harald; Gmeiner, Peter; Clark, Timothy
- Journal of molecular biology 2011 v.414 no.4 pp. 611-623
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; G-proteins; X-radiation; agonists; crystal structure; isoprenaline; molecular dynamics; opsin; signal transduction; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... G-protein-coupled receptors have extraordinary therapeutic potential as targets for a broad spectrum of diseases. Understanding their function at the molecular level is therefore essential. A variety of crystal structures have made the investigation of the inactive receptor state possible. Recently released X-ray structures of opsin and the β₂-adrenergic receptor (β₂AR) have provided insight into ...
- Murakami, Midori; Kouyama, Tsutomu
- Journal of molecular biology 2011 v.413 no.3 pp. 615-627
- G-protein coupled receptors, etc ; G-proteins; cattle; crystal structure; cyclic GMP; energy; myo-inositol; photoreceptors; rhodopsin; schiff bases; signal transduction; squid; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Visual signal transduction is initiated by the photoisomerization of 11-cis retinal upon rhodopsin ligation. Unlike vertebrate rhodopsin, which interacts with Gt-type G-protein to stimulate the cyclic GMP signaling pathway, invertebrate rhodopsin interacts with Gq-type G-protein to stimulate a signaling pathway that is based on inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate. Since the inositol 1,4,5-triphosphate sig ...