Jump to Main Content
- Garber, Maria, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Journal of molecular biology 2013 v.425 no.6 pp. 989-998
- crystal structure; guanosine triphosphate; hydroxyl radicals; transfer RNA
- ... Heterotrimeric aIF2αβγ (archaeal homologue of the eukaryotic translation initiation factor 2) in its GTP-bound form delivers Met-tRNAᵢ ᴹᵉᵗ to the small ribosomal subunit. It is known that the heterodimer containing the GTP-bound γ subunit and domain 3 of the α subunit of aIF2 is required for the formation of a stable complex with Met-tRNAᵢ. Here, the crystal structure of an incomplete ternary comp ...
- Garber, Maria B., et al. Show all 6 Authors
- Journal of molecular biology 2011 v.413 no.1 pp. 106-114
- Sulfolobus solfataricus; cell free system; mammals; messenger RNA; protein synthesis; translation (genetics)
- ... Heterotrimeric translation initiation factor (IF) a/eIF2 (archaeal/eukaryotic IF 2) is present in both Eukarya and Archaea. Despite strong structural similarity between a/eIF2 orthologs from the two domains of life, their functional relationship is obscure. Here, we show that aIF2 from Sulfolobus solfataricus can substitute for its mammalian counterpart in the reconstitution of eukaryotic 48S init ...