Jump to Main Content
- Orden, Alejandro A., et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of molecular catalysis 2015 v.114 pp. 19-24
- Rhodotorula; biocatalysts; catalytic activity; enantiomers; epoxides; freeze drying; glycols; pH; solvents; stereochemistry; yeasts
- ... Rhodotorula sp. LSL, isolated from a local landfarming was able to catalyze the reduction of prochiral arylketones into sec-alcohols with excellent Prelog stereoselectivity (ee>99%). The use of resting and lyophilized cells was optimized accessing to an easy-to-use whole cell biocatalyst that efficiently works even under non-sterile conditions, without the addition of external cofactors and using ...
- Orden, Alejandro A., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of molecular catalysis 2012 v.82 pp. 32-36
- Aspergillus japonicus; biocatalysts; biotransformation; catalytic activity; fungi; headspace analysis; isopropyl alcohol; models; oxidation; sulfides
- ... This work extends the present knowledge about the ability of filamentous fungi to selectively transform sulfur-containing compounds. Here, it has been demonstrated that several species of the Aspergillus genus are able to perform chemo- and stereoselective oxidation of organic sulfides. Two substrates were chosen as models, the aliphatic cyclohexyl(methyl)sulfide and the alkyl aryl sulfide, thioan ...