Jump to Main Content
- Camargo, Roberto da Silva; Forti, Luiz Carlos; de Matos, Carlos Alberto Oliveira; Brescovit, Antonio D.
- Journal of natural history 2015 v.49 no.27-28 pp. 1653-1658
- Atta sexdens, etc ; Araneae; females; flight; leaf-cutting ants; males; nests; predation; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Attacobius attarum spiders exhibit a phoretic behaviour on the winged sexual of Atta leaf-cutting ants during their mating flight. However, it is unclear if this behaviour is for dispersion or to facilitate the predation of ants in the new colonies. A nest of Atta sexdens was monitored on the day of the mating flight, and the winged ants, as well as the spiders, were collected. The results obtaine ...
- da Silva Camargo, Roberto; Forti, Luiz Carlos
- Journal of natural history 2013 v.47 no.1-2 pp. 65-73
- Atta sexdens, etc ; ant nests; biomass; fungi; fungus gardens; leaf-cutting ants; lipid content; lipids; population size; progeny; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The relationship between the queens’ lipid content and nest growth (population size, biomass and nest architecture) was studied from founding up to 1 year. Nests aged 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 and 12 months were dug in the field, and their dimensions were measured. The ant nest population and fungus garden was also collected. The sample was taken to the laboratory where we counted the worker population and we ...