Jump to Main Content
- Murata, Takatsugu; Kuboki, Teppei; Ishikawa, Ryo; Saito, Takahiro; Taguchi, Shotaro; Takeuchi, Kazuma; Hatano, Emiko; Shimonaka, Motoyuki; Shiina, Isamu
- Journal of natural products 2018 v.81 no.11 pp. 2364-2370
- Lewis bases; alcohols; breast neoplasms; catalysts; cytotoxicity; human cell lines; humans; moieties; neoplasm cells
- ... The first total synthesis of violaceoid A, a cytotoxic agent, and the asymmetric total synthesis of (−)- and (+)-violaceoid B are reported. The precursor was accessed by desymmetrization of a substituted quinol moiety, and the racemic secondary alcohol was kinetically resolved using a chiral nucleophilic catalyst. The asymmetric synthesis of (−)- and (+)-violaceoid B elucidated the absolute config ...
- He, Haiyin; Bertin, Matthew J.; Wu, ShiBiao; Wahome, Paul G.; Beauchesne, Kevin R.; Youngs, Ross O.; Zimba, Paul V.; Moeller, Peter D. R.; Sauri, Josep; Carter, Guy T.
- Journal of natural products 2018 v.81 no.11 pp. 2576-2581
- aquatic environment; biosynthesis; cardiomyocytes; cardiotoxicity; cell lines; chemical bonding; chlorine; cytotoxicity; humans; lakes; microorganisms; moieties; quantitative analysis; steroids; tissue culture; toxins; Ohio
- ... Cyanobufalins A–C (1–3), a new series of cardiotoxic steroids, have been discovered from cyanobacterial blooms in Buckeye Lake and Grand Lake St. Marys in Ohio. Compounds 1–3 contain distinctive structural features, including geminal methyl groups at C-4, a 7,8 double bond, and a C-16 chlorine substituent that distinguish them from plant- or animal-derived congeners. Despite these structural diffe ...