Jump to Main Content
- Murata, Takatsugu; Kuboki, Teppei; Ishikawa, Ryo; Saito, Takahiro; Taguchi, Shotaro; Takeuchi, Kazuma; Hatano, Emiko; Shimonaka, Motoyuki; Shiina, Isamu
- Journal of natural products 2018 v.81 no.11 pp. 2364-2370
- Lewis bases; alcohols; breast neoplasms; catalysts; cytotoxicity; human cell lines; humans; moieties; neoplasm cells
- ... The first total synthesis of violaceoid A, a cytotoxic agent, and the asymmetric total synthesis of (−)- and (+)-violaceoid B are reported. The precursor was accessed by desymmetrization of a substituted quinol moiety, and the racemic secondary alcohol was kinetically resolved using a chiral nucleophilic catalyst. The asymmetric synthesis of (−)- and (+)-violaceoid B elucidated the absolute config ...
- Nugroho, Alfarius Eko; Zhang, Wenjia; Hirasawa, Yusuke; Tang, Yiming; Wong, Chin Piow; Kaneda, Toshio; Hadi, A. Hamid A.; Morita, Hiroshi
- Journal of natural products 2018 v.81 no.11 pp. 2600-2604
- bark; humans; indole alkaloids; inhibitory concentration 50; lungs; monoterpenoids; neoplasm cells; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- ... Three new bisindole alkaloids, bisleuconothines B–D (1–3), were isolated from the bark of Leuconotis griffithii. Their structures were elucidated by 1D and 2D NMR spectroscopy and DFT calculations. Bisleuconothine B (1) is the first monoterpene indole alkaloid dimer featuring bridges between both C-16–C-10′ and C-2–O–C-9′. All compounds were deemed noncytotoxic (IC₅₀ > 10 μM) when tested against A ...