Jump to Main Content
- Sangkeun Son; Sung-Kyun Ko; Seung Min Kim; Eun Kim; Gil Soo Kim; Byeongsan Lee; In-Ja Ryoo; Won-Gon Kim; Jung-Sook Lee; Young-Soo Hong; Jae-Hyuk Jang; Jong Seog Ahn
- Journal of natural products 2018 v.81 no.11 pp. 2462-2469
- Gram-positive bacteria; Staphylococcus aureus; Streptomyces; acetone; amino acids; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; derivatization; linkage groups; lipopeptides; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; methicillin; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; Korean Peninsula
- ... Three cyclic lipopeptides, including one known (1) and two new (2 and 3) compounds, that possess the rare enamide linkage group were discovered from Streptomyces sp. KCB14A132, an actinobacterium isolated from a soil sample collected from Jeung Island, Korea. The NMR and MS-based characterization showed that they differed in the amino acid residues in the peptide backbone. Application of Marfey’s ...
- Clara Chepkirui; Kamila T. Yuyama; Lucy A. Wanga; Cony Decock; Josphat C. Matasyoh; Wolf-Rainer Abraham; Marc Stadler
- Journal of natural products 2018 v.81 no.4 pp. 778-784
- Candida albicans; Gram-positive bacteria; Polyporales; Staphylococcus aureus; anti-infective agents; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; antifungal properties; biofilm; diterpenoids; dose response; forests; isocitric acid; yeasts; Kenya
- ... The need for effective compounds to combat antimicrobial resistance and biofilms which play important roles in human infections continues to pose a major health challenge. Seven previously undescribed acyclic diterpenes linked to isocitric acid by an ether linkage, microporenic acids A–G (1–7), were isolated from the cultures of a hitherto undescribed species of the genus Microporus (Polyporales, ...