Jump to Main Content
- Costa-Silva, Thais
Alves da; Grecco, Simone S.; de Sousa, Fernanda S.; Lago, João Henrique G.; Martins, Euder
G. A.; Terrazas, César A.; Varikuti, Sanjay; Owens, Katherine L.; Beverley, Stephen M.; Satoskar, Abhay R.; Tempone, Andre G.
- Journal of natural products 2015 v.78 no.4 pp. 653-657
- Leishmania donovani; Nectandra hihua; amastigotes; antiparasitic properties; branches; cytotoxicity; fractionation; immunomodulators; inhibitory concentration 50; interleukin-10; interleukin-6; leishmaniasis; macrophages; mammals; metabolites; nitric oxide; parasites
- ... Three phenylpropanoid dimers (1–3) including two new metabolites were isolated from the extract of the twigs of Nectandra leucantha using antileishmanial bioassay-guided fractionation. The in vitro antiparasitic activity of the isolated compounds against Leishmania donovani parasites and mammalian cytotoxicity and immunomodulatory effects were evaluated. Compounds 1–3 were effective against the in ...
- PubMed Central:
- Zhao, Ming; Onakpa, Michael
Monday; Chen, Wei-Lun; Santarsiero, Bernard
D.; Swanson, Steven M.; Burdette, Joanna E.; Asuzu, Isaac
Uzoma; Che, Chun-Tao
- Journal of natural products 2015 v.78 no.4 pp. 789-796
- Icacina; X-ray diffraction; anticarcinogenic activity; breast neoplasms; cytotoxicity; diterpenoids; humans; melanoma; ovarian neoplasms; spectroscopy; tubers
- ... Seven new 17-norpimarane and (9βH)-17-norpimarane diterpenoids, icacinlactones A–G (1–7), were isolated from the tuber of Icacina trichantha. The structures were elucidated by spectroscopic and HRMS techniques, and the absolute configuration of 2 was determined by means of X-ray crystallographic analysis. Compounds 1–7, as well as four known related structures, were evaluated for cytotoxic activit ...
- PubMed Central: