Jump to Main Content
- Yue-Lan Li; Yun Gao; Chun-Yu Liu; Chun-Jing Sun; Zun-Tian Zhao; Hong-Xiang Lou
- Journal of natural products 2019 v.82 no.6 pp. 1527-1534
- Aspergillus; DNA damage; X-ray diffraction; apoptosis; cell cycle checkpoints; cytotoxicity; fungi; human cell lines; humans; hydroxylation; inhibitory concentration 50; neoplasm cells; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy
- ... Six new asperane-type sesterterpenoids, asperunguisins A–F (1–6), were isolated from the endolichenic fungus Aspergillus unguis, together with a known analogue, aspergilloxide (7); these are rare asperane-type sesterterpenoids, characterized by a unique hydroxylated 7/6/6/5 tetracyclic system. The structures of asperunguisins A–F (1–6) were elucidated on the basis of spectroscopic methods (NMR and ...
- Isabelle Rajotte; Cheryl Rafuse; Elliott J. Wright; John C. Achenbach; Lee D. Ellis; Pearse McCarron
- Journal of natural products 2019 v.82 no.7 pp. 1945-1952
- Danio rerio; Gonyaulax; biomass; hydroxylation; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; solvents; toxicity; yessotoxin
- ... Liquid chromatography–high-resolution mass spectrometry (LC-HRMS) analysis of a Namibian strain of Gonyaulax spinifera showed the presence of a number of yessotoxins (YTXs). Principal among these were YTX (1), homoYTX (2), and a tentative hydroxylated analogue that did not correspond to any previously confirmed YTX structures. Culturing the G. spinifera strain afforded sufficient biomass for purif ...