Jump to Main Content
- Miao Ye; Wen Xu; Da-Qing He; Xian Wu; Wen-Fang Lai; Xiao-Qin Zhang; Yu Lin; Wei Xu; Xu-Wen Li
- Journal of natural products 2020 v.83 no.2 pp. 362-373
- Danio rerio; Oriental traditional medicine; Rhus; bioassays; blood flow; cardiac output; coronary vessels; drugs; heart; heart failure; heart rate; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; moieties; quantum mechanics; roots; spectral analysis; therapeutics; thrombosis; triterpenoids
- ... Eight new dammarane-type triterpenoids (1–8), together with a related known analogue (9), were isolated from the roots of Rhus chinensis, a traditional Chinese medicine for treating coronary artery heart disease, guided by LC-MS analysis. Their structures were elucidated based on extensive spectroscopic analysis and quantum chemical calculations. Notably, compounds 1–7 and 9 possess an unusual 17α ...
- Isabelle Rajotte; Cheryl Rafuse; Elliott J. Wright; John C. Achenbach; Lee D. Ellis; Pearse McCarron
- Journal of natural products 2019 v.82 no.7 pp. 1945-1952
- Danio rerio; Gonyaulax; biomass; hydroxylation; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; solvents; toxicity; yessotoxin
- ... Liquid chromatography–high-resolution mass spectrometry (LC-HRMS) analysis of a Namibian strain of Gonyaulax spinifera showed the presence of a number of yessotoxins (YTXs). Principal among these were YTX (1), homoYTX (2), and a tentative hydroxylated analogue that did not correspond to any previously confirmed YTX structures. Culturing the G. spinifera strain afforded sufficient biomass for purif ...