Main content area
You searched for: Journal name Journal of natural products Remove constraint Journal name: Journal of natural products Subject term Streptomyces Remove constraint Subject term: Streptomyces Subject term Staphylococcus aureus Remove constraint Subject term: Staphylococcus aureus Subject term nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy Remove constraint Subject term: nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy Text availability Citation in PubAg Remove constraint Text availability: Citation in PubAg
3 Search Results
1. Genomics-Driven Discovery of Chlorinated Cyclic Hexapeptides Ulleungmycins A and B from a Streptomyces Species
- Son Sangkeun; Hong Young-Soo; Jang Mina; Heo Kyung Taek; Lee Byeongsan; Jang Jun-Pil; Kim Jong-Won; Ryoo In-Ja; Kim Won-Gon; Ko Sung-Kyun; Kim Bo Yeon; Jang Jae-Hyuk; Ahn Jong Seog
- Journal of natural products 2017 v.80 no.11 pp. 3025-3031
- Staphylococcus aureus; Streptomyces; amino acids; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; bacteria; culture media; derivatization; methicillin; multigene family; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; nucleotide sequences; peptides; spectral analysis
- ... Analysis of the genome sequence of Streptomyces sp. KCB13F003 showed the presence of a cryptic gene cluster encoding flavin-dependent halogenase and nonribosomal peptide synthetase. Pleiotropic approaches using multiple culture media followed by LC-MS-guided isolation and spectroscopic analysis enabled the identification of two new chlorinated cyclic hexapeptides, ulleungmycins A and B (1 and 2). ...
2. Antibacterial Cyclic Lipopeptide Enamidonins with an Enamide-Linked Acyl Chain from a Streptomyces Species
- Sangkeun Son; Sung-Kyun Ko; Seung Min Kim; Eun Kim; Gil Soo Kim; Byeongsan Lee; In-Ja Ryoo; Won-Gon Kim; Jung-Sook Lee; Young-Soo Hong; Jae-Hyuk Jang; Jong Seog Ahn
- Journal of natural products 2018 v.81 no.11 pp. 2462-2469
- Gram-positive bacteria; Staphylococcus aureus; Streptomyces; acetone; amino acids; antibacterial properties; antibiotic resistance; derivatization; linkage groups; lipopeptides; liquid chromatography; mass spectrometry; methicillin; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; Korean Peninsula
- ... Three cyclic lipopeptides, including one known (1) and two new (2 and 3) compounds, that possess the rare enamide linkage group were discovered from Streptomyces sp. KCB14A132, an actinobacterium isolated from a soil sample collected from Jeung Island, Korea. The NMR and MS-based characterization showed that they differed in the amino acid residues in the peptide backbone. Application of Marfey’s ...
- Carla Menegatti; Vitor Bruno Lourenzon; Diego Rodríguez-Hernández; Weilan Gomes da Paixão Melo; Leonardo Luiz Gomes Ferreira; Adriano Defini Andricopulo; Fabio Santos do Nascimento; Mônica Tallarico Pupo
- Journal of natural products 2020 v.83 no.3 pp. 610-616
- Leishmania infantum; Melipona scutellaris; Paenibacillus larvae; Staphylococcus aureus; Streptomyces; amino acids; anti-infective agents; entomopathogens; microorganisms; nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; pollinators; social insects; stingless bees
- ... Social insects establish complex interactions with microorganisms, some of which play defensive roles in colony protection. The important role of pollinators such as the stingless bee Melipona scutellaris in nature encouraged us to pursue efforts to study its associated microbiota. Here we describe the discovery of two novel cyclic hexadepsipeptides, meliponamycin A (1) and meliponamycin B (2), fr ...