Jump to Main Content
- Karlsson, Erik A.; Sheridan, Patricia A.; Beck, Melinda A.
- Journal of nutrition 2010 v.140 no.9 pp. 1691-1697
- diet; Influenza A virus; mice; gene expression; animal models; obesity; CD4-positive T-lymphocytes; obesity-related diseases; CD8-positive T-lymphocytes
- ... Obesity has been associated with increasing the risk for type 2 diabetes and heart disease, but its influence on the immune response to viral infection is understudied. Memory T cells generated during a primary influenza infection are important for protection against subsequent influenza exposures. Previously, we have demonstrated that diet-induced obese (DIO) mice have increased morbidity and mor ...
- PubMed Central:
- Liao, Yalin; Du, Xiaogu; Lönnerdal, Bo
- Journal of nutrition 2010 v.140 no.9 pp. 1552-1556
- nutrition physiology; lactoferrin; protein synthesis; apoptosis; genes; mammary glands; epithelial cells; gene expression; human cell lines; cell culture
- ... Lactoferrin (Lf) is an abundantly expressed protein in human milk. Lactoferrin exhibits several important biological functions, and its expression is regulated by multiple environmental factors. Cellular endogenous factors, however, have not been extensively studied with regard to lactoferrin gene expression. In this study, we showed that lactoferrin gene expression and function are directly targe ...