Jump to Main Content
- Moretó, Miquel, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of nutrition 2010 v.140 no.9 pp. 1557-1563
- docosahexaenoic acid; tight junctions; permeability; human cell lines; omega-3 fatty acids; lipid peroxidation; biochemical pathways; cell culture; enzyme inhibition; nutrition physiology; epithelium
- ... We recently showed that enrichment of Caco-2 cells with docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) increases lipid peroxidation and the formation of hydrogen peroxide and peroxynitrite, which disrupt the epithelial barrier function. Studies were designed to test whether the participation of phospholipase C (PLC)/Ca²⁺/protein kinase C (PKC), cyclooxygenase (COX), and 5-lipooxygenase pathways are involved in mediat ...
- Moretó, Miquel, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of nutrition 2010 v.140 no.1 pp. 25-30
- dietary protein; protein supplements; intestinal mucosa; rats; animal models; inflammation; digestive system diseases; immune response; mucosal immunity; cytokines; anti-inflammatory activity; blood proteins; Staphylococcus aureus; enterotoxins
- ... Spray-dried plasma (SDP) is a complex mixture of active proteins that modulates the immune response of gut-associated lymphoid tissue. We examined whether SDP and Ig concentrate (IC) supplementation could modulate cytokine expression and inflammatory mediators in rats challenged with Staphylococcus aureus enterotoxin B (SEB). Wistar-Lewis rats were fed diets supplemented with SDP (8% wt:wt), IC (1 ...