Jump to Main Content
- Anthony, Tracy G.; Anthony, Joshua C.
- Journal of nutrition 2008 v.138 no.12 pp. 2307-2308
- elderly; leucine; muscle protein; muscle physiology; protein kinases; protein synthesis; skeletal muscle; signal transduction; adenosine monophosphate; animal models; rats; glucocorticoids; enzyme activity; sepsis (infection)
- Mueller, Andreas S.; Klomann, Sandra D.; Wolf, Nicole M.; Schneider, Sandra; Schmidt, Rupert; Spielmann, Julia; Stangl, Gabriele; Eder, Klaus; Pallauf, Josef
- Journal of nutrition 2008 v.138 no.12 pp. 2328-2336
- liver; protein-tyrosine-phosphatase; experimental diets; redox reactions; selenium; triacylglycerols; glutathione peroxidase; dietary nutrient sources; animal models; insulin secretion; lipogenesis; rats; enzyme activity; enzyme inhibition; nutrition physiology; dietary mineral supplements
- ... Protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B (PTP1B) is a key enzyme in the counter-regulation of insulin signaling and in the stimulation of fatty acid synthesis. Selenium (Se), via the activities of glutathione peroxidase (GPx) and thioredoxin reductase (TrxR), is involved in the removal of H₂O₂ and organic peroxides, which are critical compounds in the modulation of PTP1B activity via glutathionylation. Our ...