Jump to Main Content
- Rodríguez-Pérez, Robinson; Correa-Matos, Nancy; Valdés-Valderrama, Angélica; Rodríguez-Cruz, Luis Alexis; Rodríguez, María C.
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2019 v.51 no.5 pp. 608-615
- adolescents; caregivers; children; eating habits; economic costs; education programs; focus groups; food choices; foods; healthy diet; interviews; nutrition education; parents
- ... To identify barriers that prevent healthy eating practices in Puerto Rican early adolescents (EAs).Qualitative data collected via focus groups. A total of 7 focus groups were conducted: 5 with EAs and 2 with parents and caregivers (PCs).Urban and rural Puerto Rico.Early adolescents aged 12–14years (n = 52) and PCs (n = 17).Factors that prevent healthy eating behavior in EAs in Puerto Rico.Verbatim ...
- Nicely, Stephanie; Miller, M. Elizabeth; Craviotto, Marisol del-Teso
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2019 v.51 no.5 pp. 629-635
- Head Start; childhood obesity; children; eating habits; family resource management; focus groups; food choices; fruits; healthy diet; models; parent education; parents; physical activity; vegetables; Ohio
- ... To explore parent perceptions of child weight status and 5210 nutrition messaging recommendations, including daily consumption of 5 fruits and vegetables, limiting child screen time to ≤2 hours, incorporating 1 hour of daily physical activity, and no consumption of sugary, sweetened beverages.Using the Convergence Model of Communication as a framework, qualitative focus groups (n = 5) were conduct ...