Jump to Main Content
- Reynolds, Jesse S.; Treu, Judith A.; Njike, Valentine; Walker, Jennifer; Smith, Erica; Katz, Catherine S.; Katz, David L.
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2012 v.44 no.3 pp. 262-266
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; child nutrition; correlation; elementary students; food and nutrition programs; food choices; food labeling; literacy; nutritive value; questionnaires; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... OBJECTIVE: To determine the reliability and validity of a 10-item questionnaire, the Food Label Literacy for Applied Nutrition Knowledge questionnaire. METHODS: Participants were elementary school children exposed to a 90-minute school-based nutrition program. Reliability was assessed via Cronbach α and intraclass correlation coefficient (ICC). Validity was assessed comparing the questionnaire’s f ...
- Miller, Carla K.; Branscum, Paul
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2012 v.44 no.2 pp. 100-106
- nutrition knowledge, etc ; cooking; diet; eating out; economic recession; educational resources; food and nutrition programs; food choices; foods; foreclosure; groceries; households; interviews; lipids; menu planning; nutrition education; nutritional adequacy; purchasing; questionnaires; recipes; resource management; sales; salts; sugars; unemployment; women; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... OBJECTIVE: To determine the effect of an economic recession on food choice behaviors. DESIGN: A qualitative study using semistructured, in-depth interviews followed by completion of a nutrition knowledge questionnaire and the Food Choice Questionnaire was conducted. SETTING AND PARTICIPANTS: A convenience sample from a metropolitan city in the Midwest. Women with children younger than 18 years in ...