Jump to Main Content
- Kannan, Srimathi, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2008 v.40 no.4 pp. 237-243
- teachers; hunger; attitudes and opinions; poverty; children; food security; obesity; food choices; child nutrition; nutrition knowledge
- ... Objective: To describe Head Start teachers' perceptions of mealtime, feeding, and overweight risk in Head Start students. Design: Qualitative focus group study. Setting: Five Head Starts in a greater metropolitan area in the Northeast. Participants: Thirty-five teachers in 5 focus groups. Intervention: Two experienced focus group facilitators elicited comments from each group. Main Outcome Measure ...
- Kannan, Srimathi, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Journal of nutrition education and behavior 2011 v.43 no.3 pp. 205-206
- fruits; nutrition education; preschool children; raw fruit; recipes; smell; taste; Massachusetts
- ... FruitZotic incorporated fruit stories (exotic-fruits-literacy), a ''See, Smell, Hear, Touch and Taste'' (sensory) segment and a question-prompted discussion. Three take-home components incorporating the exotic fruits were: Coloring Activity, Recipes, and Fact Sheets. Sensory based nutrition education can increase familiarity with exotic fruits among preschool children from underserved communities. ...