Jump to Main Content
- Momcilovic, Berislav; Reeves, Philip G.
- Journal of nutritional biochemistry 1997 v.8 no.5 pp. 256
- zinc; dietary minerals; nutrient intake; dose response; bone mineralization; femur; teeth; quantitative analysis; young animals; rats; animal models; application rate; duration; nutrient deficiencies; frequency
- ... We quantitatively assessed the effect of the idiorrhythmic dose-rate variability in dietary zinc intake on zinc deposition in the femur and incisor of weanling rats by the slope-ratio analysis of analogous idiorrhythms. In idiorrhythmic feeding the dose (x) is viewed over the period of the entire experimental epoch as a dose-time equivalent modulo (Mx) that can be divided into a series of equal pr ...
- Finley, John W.; Monroe, Patrick
- Journal of nutritional biochemistry 1997 v.8 no.2 pp. 92
- manganese; nutrient uptake; nutrient transport; intestinal absorption; cell lines; models; intestinal mucosa; kinetics; temperature; nickel; copper; zinc; cadmium; iron; energy; cell membranes
- ... Manganese uptake and transport were examined with CACO-2 cells grown on polyethylene (PET) or polycarbonate (PC) semipermeable membranes. Cells were grown in growth medium (DME + 10% fetal calf serum; 0.1 micromol Mn/L) for 21 days. Apical to basolateral transport rate of Mn was lower than the basolateral to apical transport rate. Apical to basolateral Mn uptake and transport were strictly concent ...