Jump to Main Content
- Heim, Wieland; Pedersen, Lykke; Heim, Ramona; Kamp, Johannes; Smirenski, Sergei M.; Thomas, Alexander; Tøttrup, Anders P.; Thorup, Kasper
- Journal of ornithology 2018 v.159 no.4 pp. 893-899
- autumn; breeding; breeding sites; habitats; songbirds; spring; vegetation; wintering grounds; China; Eurasia; Indochina; Russia; South East Asia
- ... We used light-level-based geolocation to study the spatio-temporal behaviour of Siberian Rubythroats Calliope calliope breeding in the Amur region of the Russian Far East. Three retrieved devices revealed long-distance migrations, with southwestward movement from Amur through Northeast China in autumn, with the tracked individuals reaching their wintering grounds in southern China and Indochina wi ...
- Briedis, Martins; Kurlavičius, Petras; Mackevičienė, Renata; Vaišvilienė, Rasa; Hahn, Steffen
- Journal of ornithology 2018 v.159 no.4 pp. 885-891
- Hirundo rustica; autumn; birds; breeding; females; males; migratory behavior; seasonal variation; spring; Caucasus region; Southern Africa; West Asia
- ... Seasonal variation in migratory routes seems to be a common trait among many Afro-Palearctic migrants, but there are only few examples of species or populations which shift between entirely different flyways in autumn and spring. To identify non-breeding regions and seasonal differences in migration strategies we tracked Barn Swallows (Hirundo rustica) from a Baltic breeding population by light-le ...