Jump to Main Content
- Neethu, Sahadevan; Midhun, Sebastian Jose; Sunil, M.A.; Soumya, Soman; Radhakrishnan, E.K.; Jyothis, Mathew
- Journal of photochemistry and photobiology 2018 v.180 pp. 175-185
- Chlorophyta; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Penicillium; Raman spectroscopy; Salmonella Typhimurium; antibacterial properties; bacteria; cell walls; endophytes; filtrates; fluorescence microscopy; fungi; microbial biomass; minimum inhibitory concentration; nanoparticles; nanosilver; pH; pathogens; proteins; scanning electron microscopy; silver nitrate; transmission electron microscopy; ultraviolet-visible spectroscopy
- ... The green synthesis of silver nanoparticles (AgNPs) using biological systems such as fungi has evolved to become an important area of nanobiotechnology. Herein, we report for the first time the light-induced extracellular synthesis of silver nanoparticles using algicolous endophytic fungus Penicillium polonicum ARA 10, isolated from the marine green alga Chetomorpha antennina. Parametric optimizat ...
- Angel Ezhilarasi, A.; Judith Vijaya, J.; Kaviyarasu, K.; John Kennedy, L.; Ramalingam, R. Jothi; Al-Lohedan, Hamad A.
- Journal of photochemistry and photobiology 2018 v.180 pp. 39-50
- Aegle marmelos; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; Gram-positive bacteria; X-ray diffraction; antibacterial properties; cell culture; cost effectiveness; crystallites; cytotoxicity; drugs; dysentery; endocrine-disrupting chemicals; fuels; leaf extracts; nanoparticles; nickel oxide; particle size; peptic ulcers; photocatalysis; photocatalysts; transmission electron microscopy; India
- ... In the present study, we report the green synthesis of NiO nanoparticles using Aegle marmelos as a fuel and this method is ecofriendly and cost effective. The plant Aegle marmelos is used in the field of pharmaceuticals to cure diseases like chronic diarrhea, peptic ulcers and dysentery in India for nearly 5 centuries. The as-prepared nanoparticles were confirmed as pure face centered cubic phase ...