Jump to Main Content
- Rafiei Miandashti, Ali; Khosravi Khorashad, Larousse; Govorov, Alexander O.; Kordesch, Martin E.; Richardson, Hugh H.
- Journal of physical chemistry 2019 v.123 no.6 pp. 3770-3780
- energy balance; finite element analysis; heat transfer; luminescence; nanocrystals; nanoparticles; optical properties; physical chemistry; prediction; simulation models; temperature; thermal conductivity; thermal diffusivity; thermometers
- ... We introduce for the first time a time-resolved temperature measurement technique which relies on temperature-jump luminescence thermometry using NaYF₄:Yb³⁺:Er³⁺ upconverting nanocrystals. This new time-resolved technique is based on optical thermometry using upconverting nanoparticles (UCNPs) and does not have to infer temperature from changes in the optical properties of the heater or surroundin ...
- Clatworthy, Edwin B.; Yick, Samuel; Murdock, Adrian T.; Allison, Morgan C.; Bendavid, Avi; Masters, Anthony F.; Maschmeyer, Thomas
- Journal of physical chemistry 2019 v.123 no.6 pp. 3740-3749
- electrons; energy; hydrogen; hydrogen production; irradiation; methanol; mixing; nanoparticles; nitrides; optical properties; photocatalysis; physical chemistry; synergism; titanium; titanium dioxide; ultraviolet radiation
- ... Metal nitrides have potential in energy applications because of their physical and optical properties. Nanoparticle composites of titanium nitride (TiN) and titanium dioxide (TiO₂) were investigated for their photocatalytic hydrogen (H₂) evolution activity via methanol reformation. Physical mixing of the nanoparticulate TiO₂ and TiN was employed to prevent the oxy-nitride formation and particle ag ...