Jump to Main Content
- Li, Jiake; Su, Weitao; Chen, Fei; Fu, Li; Ding, Su; Song, Kaixin; Huang, Xiwei; Zhang, Lijie
- Journal of physical chemistry 2019 v.123 no.6 pp. 3900-3907
- Raman spectroscopy; energy; optical properties; photoluminescence; physical chemistry; temperature
- ... Defects play an indispensable role in tuning the optical properties of two-dimensional materials. Herein, we study the influence of defects on the photoluminescence and resonance Raman spectra of as-grown monolayer (1L) WS₂. Increasing the density of defects significantly lowers the excitonic binding energy by up to 110 meV. These defect-modified excitonic binding energies in 1L-WS₂ strongly media ...
- Chen, Peiyu; Xu, Wenshuo; Gao, Yakun; Holdway, Philip; Warner, Jamie H.; Castell, Martin R.
- Journal of physical chemistry 2019 v.123 no.6 pp. 3876-3885
- Raman spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; annealing; crystals; electronics; molybdenum; molybdenum disulfide; optical properties; oxygen; photoluminescence; physical chemistry; scanning tunneling microscopy; semiconductors; sulfur; temperature; thermal degradation; thermal stability
- ... Monolayer MoS₂ is a wide-bandgap semiconductor suitable for use in high-temperature electronics. It is therefore important to understand its thermal stability. We report the results of a study on thermal degradation of MoS₂ monolayers supported on SrTiO₃ substrates in ultrahigh vacuum (UHV). Our studies were carried out on the (111), (110), and (001) terminations of SrTiO₃ substrates, but MoS₂ was ...