Jump to Main Content
- Kunkel, Christian; Viñes, Francesc; Illas, Francesc
- Journal of physical chemistry 2019 v.123 no.6 pp. 3664-3671
- adsorption; air; carbides; carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; case studies; density functional theory; desorption; models; molybdenum; oxidation; oxygen; temperature; zirconium
- ... Theoretical studies and experiments have suggested that transition-metal carbides (TMCs) can be useful materials for carbon capture and storage or usage technologies from air sources. However, TMCs are known to become easily oxidized in the presence of molecular oxygen, and their properties jeopardized while being transformed into transition-metal oxycarbides (TMOCs), which can affect the TMCs’ ch ...
- Chen, Peiyu; Xu, Wenshuo; Gao, Yakun; Holdway, Philip; Warner, Jamie H.; Castell, Martin R.
- Journal of physical chemistry 2019 v.123 no.6 pp. 3876-3885
- Raman spectroscopy; X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy; annealing; crystals; electronics; molybdenum; molybdenum disulfide; optical properties; oxygen; photoluminescence; physical chemistry; scanning tunneling microscopy; semiconductors; sulfur; temperature; thermal degradation; thermal stability
- ... Monolayer MoS₂ is a wide-bandgap semiconductor suitable for use in high-temperature electronics. It is therefore important to understand its thermal stability. We report the results of a study on thermal degradation of MoS₂ monolayers supported on SrTiO₃ substrates in ultrahigh vacuum (UHV). Our studies were carried out on the (111), (110), and (001) terminations of SrTiO₃ substrates, but MoS₂ was ...