Jump to Main Content
- Sher, Pin-Hao; Chen, Chia-Hsun; Chiu, Tien-Lung; Lin, Chi-Feng; Wang, Juen-Kai; Lee, Jiun-Haw
- Journal of physical chemistry 2019 v.123 no.6 pp. 3279-3284
- electrochemiluminescence; electron transfer; fluorescence; models; photoluminescence; physical chemistry; spectroscopy; temperature
- ... Singlet fission of organic molecules has attracted recent attention owing to its potential advantages in organic photovoltaic and electroluminescence applications. Its microscopic mechanism however remains stymied. Large couplings from charge-transfer (CT) state mediation were invoked to explain the ultrafast singlet fission rate observed in crystalline polyacene, but its experimental confirmation ...
- Piechota, Eric J.; Sampaio, Renato N.; Troian-Gautier, Ludovic; Maurer, Andrew B.; Berlinguette, Curtis P.; Meyer, Gerald J.
- Journal of physical chemistry 2019 v.123 no.6 pp. 3416-3425
- Gibbs free energy; electron transfer; physical chemistry; spectroscopy; temperature; titanium dioxide; uncertainty
- ... A thermodynamic analysis of the forward and reverse rate constants for adiabatic and nonadiabatic electron transfer equilibria over an 80 K temperature range is reported. The kinetic data were acquired by a spectroscopic approach that utilized excited state injection into TiO₂ by sensitizers with two redox active groups linked through aromatic bridges that allow for intramolecular adiabatic (bridg ...