Jump to Main Content
- Sciortino, Luisa; Sciortino, Alice; Popescu, Radian; Schneider, Reinhard; Gerthsen, Dagmar; Agnello, Simonpietro; Cannas, Marco; Messina, Fabrizio
- Journal of physical chemistry 2018 v.122 no.34 pp. 19897-19903
- carbon quantum dots; color; crystal structure; nitrogen; nitrogen content; optical properties
- ... Nitrogen content in carbon dots (CDs) plays a crucial role both on the structure and on the optical properties. We synthesized two distinct families of CDs which differ both in structure and in optical emission, demonstrating how nitrogen determines the structure and the optical properties of N-CDs in two main cases: low content and high content of nitrogen. While the low-nitrogen-content family i ...
- Stuyver, Thijs; Fias, Stijn; Geerlings, Paul; De Proft, Frank; Alonso, Mercedes
- Journal of physical chemistry 2018 v.122 no.34 pp. 19842-19856
- aromatic compounds; electron transfer; models; physical chemistry; polyenes; porphyrins; prediction; pyrroles; topology
- ... Expanded porphyrins have been recently identified as promising candidates for conductance switching based on aromaticity and molecular topology changes. However, the factors that control electron transport switching across the metal–molecule–metal junction still need to be elucidated. For this reason, the transport properties of Hückel/Möbius (anti)aromatic compounds are investigated thoroughly ...