Jump to Main Content
- Pan, Minghu, et al. Show all 16 Authors
- Journal of physical chemistry 2019 v.123 no.41 pp. 25228-25235
- anisotropy; crystal structure; energy; gold; nanogold; nanorods; nanosheets; surfactants; thiols; van der Waals forces
- ... Single-atomic-layer gold nanosheets have been synthesized on the Au(111) substrate guided by vertical molecular channels confined by an octanethiolate (OT) surfactant, in great contrast to the typical hexagonal or triangular islands observed in homoepitaxy on the (111) plane of fcc metals. This anomalous growth mode shows a strong dependence on the coverage of the surfactant and hence demonstrates ...
- Pan, Minghu, et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of physical chemistry 2018 v.122 no.34 pp. 19473-19480
- ambient temperature; density functional theory; gold; image analysis; ligands; nanogold; physical chemistry; scanning tunneling microscopy
- ... The stability of the self-assembled RS–Au–SR (R = CH₂CH₃)/Au(111) interface at room temperature has been investigated using scanning tunneling microscopy (STM) in conjunction with density functional theory (DFT) and MD calculations. The RS–Au–SR staple, also known as Au-adatom-dithiolate, assembles into staple rows along the [112̅] direction. STM imaging reveals that while the staple rows are able ...