Jump to Main Content
- Bhattacharyya, Somnath, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Journal of plant biochemistry and biotechnology 2011 v.20 no.2 pp. 155-160
- Callosobruchus chinensis; Vigna radiata; cultivars; genes; genetic markers; genotype; germplasm screening; introgression; loci; marker-assisted selection; mung beans; pests; polymerase chain reaction; Australia; India
- ... Bruchid, Callosobruchus chinensis (L.) is an important pest of Vigna radiata during storage. RFLP and PCR based markers identified, linked with bruchid resistance gene in wild accession of greengram (V. radiata var. Sublobata) either collected from Madagaskar or Australia. Whether these markers will be useful for marker assisted introgression of bruchid resistance gene from the Indian accession in ...
- Bhattacharyya, Somnath, et al. Show all 2 Author
- Journal of plant biochemistry and biotechnology 1999 v.8 no.2 pp. 93-97
- Brassica rapa subsp. campestris; Brassica rapa subsp. trilocularis; DNA; backcrossing; bovine serum albumin; clones; cultivars; dominance (genetics); genes; genetic distance; genetic markers; genomic libraries; leaves; loci; parents; pods; random amplified polymorphic DNA technique; restriction fragment length polymorphism; seed yield; seeds
- ... Two cultivars of yellow sarson (Brassica campestris), B9 and NC1 have sharp phenotypic differences: a) pubescent or glabrous leaves, b) septumed pod with less number or septumless bold pod with higher number of seeds, and c) erect or drooping pods relative to stem axis. It is established that septum less pod is related to enhancement of seed yield and also related to high shattering resistance. Th ...