Jump to Main Content
- Goraya, Gurpreet Kaur; Asthir, Bavita
- Journal of plant biology = 2016 v.59 no.3 pp. 215-222
- antioxidant activity; biochemical pathways; chloroplasts; defense mechanisms; electron transfer; electrons; free radical scavengers; hydrogen peroxide; hydroxyl radicals; mitochondria; oxidative stress; oxygen; peroxisomes; plasma membrane; signal transduction; superoxide anion; vacuoles
- ... Environmental stresses are often associated with production of certain deleterious chemical entities called reactive oxygen species (ROS), which include hydrogen peroxide (H₂O₂), superoxide radical (O ₂ ⁻), hydroxyl radical (OH⁻). In plants, ROS are formed by the inevitable leakage of electrons onto O₂ from the electron transport activities of chloroplasts, mitochondria, peroxisomes, vacuole and p ...
- Huang, Yuxiang; Tan, Hexin; Guo, Zhiying; Wu, Xunxun; Zhang, Qinglei; Zhang, Lei; Diao, Yong
- Journal of plant biology = 2016 v.59 no.3 pp. 203-214
- anti-infective agents; anti-inflammatory agents; antineoplastic agents; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; cell culture; enzyme activity; genetic engineering; indole alkaloids; medicinal properties; secondary metabolites; synthesis; transgenic plants
- ... Indole alkaloids are widely distributed secondary metabolites that exhibit a broad range of pharmacological activities. They are synthesized through plant biosynthetic pathways involving complex enzyme activities and regulatory strategies. Since many compounds of indole alkaloids are structurally too complex to be manufactured economically by chemical synthesis, they have to be isolated from natur ...