Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Shaolu; Long, Wuhua; Wang, Yihua; Liu, Linglong; Wang, Yunlong; Niu, Mei; Zheng, Ming; Wang, Di; Wan, Jianmin
- Journal of plant biology = 2016 v.59 no.3 pp. 282-292
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase; aspartic acid; biosynthesis; chlorophyll; chloroplasts; chromosomes; gene expression regulation; genes; genetic complementation; histidine; homozygosity; leaves; mature plants; molecular cloning; mutants; mutation; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rice; seedlings; tissues; transcription (genetics)
- ... Leaf-color mutants are ideal genetic materials for understanding the mechanism of chloroplast development and chlorophyll (Chl) biosynthesis. Here we isolated and identified a new leaf-color mutant of rice, named white-stripe leaf3 (wsl3), from a ⁶⁰Co-irradiated mutant pool. The wsl3 mutant displayed a visible white-stripe leaf in both young seedlings and flag leaves of mature plant. Chl content i ...
- Huang, Yuxiang; Tan, Hexin; Guo, Zhiying; Wu, Xunxun; Zhang, Qinglei; Zhang, Lei; Diao, Yong
- Journal of plant biology = 2016 v.59 no.3 pp. 203-214
- anti-infective agents; anti-inflammatory agents; antineoplastic agents; biochemical pathways; biosynthesis; cell culture; enzyme activity; genetic engineering; indole alkaloids; medicinal properties; secondary metabolites; synthesis; transgenic plants
- ... Indole alkaloids are widely distributed secondary metabolites that exhibit a broad range of pharmacological activities. They are synthesized through plant biosynthetic pathways involving complex enzyme activities and regulatory strategies. Since many compounds of indole alkaloids are structurally too complex to be manufactured economically by chemical synthesis, they have to be isolated from natur ...