Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Shaolu; Long, Wuhua; Wang, Yihua; Liu, Linglong; Wang, Yunlong; Niu, Mei; Zheng, Ming; Wang, Di; Wan, Jianmin
- Journal of plant biology = 2016 v.59 no.3 pp. 282-292
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase; aspartic acid; biosynthesis; chlorophyll; chloroplasts; chromosomes; gene expression regulation; genes; genetic complementation; histidine; homozygosity; leaves; mature plants; molecular cloning; mutants; mutation; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rice; seedlings; tissues; transcription (genetics)
- ... Leaf-color mutants are ideal genetic materials for understanding the mechanism of chloroplast development and chlorophyll (Chl) biosynthesis. Here we isolated and identified a new leaf-color mutant of rice, named white-stripe leaf3 (wsl3), from a ⁶⁰Co-irradiated mutant pool. The wsl3 mutant displayed a visible white-stripe leaf in both young seedlings and flag leaves of mature plant. Chl content i ...
- Eom, Joon-Seob; Nguyen, Cong Danh; Lee, Dae-Woo; Lee, Sang-Kyu; Jeon, Jong-Seong
- Journal of plant biology = 2016 v.59 no.3 pp. 231-237
- Arabidopsis; Cauliflower mosaic virus; Oryza sativa; anther culture; apoplast; gene expression; genes; genetic complementation; growth retardation; leaves; loaders; mutants; phenotype; phloem; plasma membrane; rice; starch; sucrose; transgenic plants; transporters; vegetative growth
- ... Sucrose transporters (SUTs) play a critical role on the phloem plasma membrane in loading sucrose into the phloem of source leaves for long-distance transport to sink organs. Rice has a small gene family of five SUTs, Oryza sativa SUT1 (OsSUT1) to OsSUT5. To identify rice SUTs that function as phloem loaders, we adopted a growth restoration assay of the severe growth retardation phenotype of atsuc ...