Jump to Main Content
- Zhao, Shaolu; Long, Wuhua; Wang, Yihua; Liu, Linglong; Wang, Yunlong; Niu, Mei; Zheng, Ming; Wang, Di; Wan, Jianmin
- Journal of plant biology = 2016 v.59 no.3 pp. 282-292
- DNA-directed RNA polymerase; aspartic acid; biosynthesis; chlorophyll; chloroplasts; chromosomes; gene expression regulation; genes; genetic complementation; histidine; homozygosity; leaves; mature plants; molecular cloning; mutants; mutation; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; rice; seedlings; tissues; transcription (genetics)
- ... Leaf-color mutants are ideal genetic materials for understanding the mechanism of chloroplast development and chlorophyll (Chl) biosynthesis. Here we isolated and identified a new leaf-color mutant of rice, named white-stripe leaf3 (wsl3), from a ⁶⁰Co-irradiated mutant pool. The wsl3 mutant displayed a visible white-stripe leaf in both young seedlings and flag leaves of mature plant. Chl content i ...
- Lee, Yang-Seok; Yi, Jakyung; Jung, Ki-Hong; An, Gynheung
- Journal of plant biology = 2016 v.59 no.3 pp. 238-246
- Oryza sativa; agronomic traits; cultivars; florigen; flowering; genes; genetic background; mutants; mutation; paddies; phytochrome; rice; sowing
- ... Heading date is one of most important agronomic traits in rice. Flowering regulatory mechanisms have been elucidated in many cultivars through various approaches. Although study about flowering has been extensively examined in rice, but contributions of floral regulators had been poorly understood in a common genetic background for rice grown under paddy conditions. Thus, we compared the expressio ...