Jump to Main Content
- Roosta, Hamid R.
- Journal of plant nutrition 2014 v.37 no.11 pp. 1782-1803
- hydroponics, etc ; aquaponics; basil; carbon dioxide; chlorosis; ecophysiology; fish culture; growth retardation; iron; irrigation systems; leaves; manganese; nutrient content; potassium; roots; seedlings; shoots; stomatal conductance; vegetative growth; zinc; Show all 20 Subjects
- ... Aquaponics is the combined culture of fish and plants in recirculating systems. This experiment was conducted to evaluate the production of basil out of the aquaponic system by irrigation of the plants with different ratios of hydroponic and aquaponic solutions. Basil seedlings were irrigated three times day ⁻¹ with 200 mL aquaponic-aquaponic-aquaponic (AAA), aquaponic-hydroponic-aquaponic (AHA), ...
- Na, Liu; Li, Zhang; Xiangxiang, Meng; Ara, Neelam; Jinghua, Yang; Mingfang, Zhang
- Journal of plant nutrition 2014 v.37 no.11 pp. 1859-1872
- hydroponics, etc ; Citrullus lanatus; biomass; calcium; leaf area; leaves; magnesium; minerals; nitrates; nitrogen; nitrogen content; phosphorus; photosynthesis; potassium; root growth; seedlings; shoots; watermelons; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Nitrogen is taken up by most plant species in the form of nitrate and ammonium. The objective of this study was to investigate the effect of different nitrogen forms on the growth of watermelon seedlings. Plants were grown in hydroponic culture with five nitrate (NO ₃⁻)/ammonium (NH ₄⁺) ratios (100/0, 75/25, 50/50, 25/75, 0/100). When the proportion of NH ₄⁺ was increased, the leaf number, leaf ar ...