Jump to Main Content
- Pérez-Clemente, Rosa María; Montoliu, Almudena; Vives-Peris, Vicente; Arbona, Vicent; Gómez-Cadenas, Aurelio
- Journal of plant physiology 2019 v.238 pp. 40-52
- abscisic acid; biochemical pathways; gene expression; mammals; metabolism; metabolites; metabolome; plant diseases and disorders; plant viruses; salicylic acid; virulence; viruses
- ... Plant viral infections alter gene expression and metabolism in infected host. To study the molecular responses of Mexican lime to CTV infection, an analysis of plant metabolome in response to infection with severe (T318) or mild (T385) isolates of CTV was performed. Healthy plants and those infected with any of the two virus strains showed different metabolite profiles, at different stages of new ...
- Pérez-Díaz, Jorge; Pérez-Díaz, J. Ricardo; Medeiros, David B.; Zuther, Ellen; Hong, Chwan-Yang; Nunes-Nesi, Adriano; Hincha, Dirk K.; Ruiz-Lara, Simón; Casaretto, José A.
- Journal of plant physiology 2019 v.238 pp. 29-39
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Oryza sativa; abscisic acid; barley; carbohydrate metabolism; drought; gene expression regulation; gene overexpression; genes; growth performance; molecular chaperones; reproduction; rice; salt stress; stress response; stress tolerance; transcription factors; transcriptomics; transgenic plants
- ... Control of gene expression and induction of cellular protection mechanisms are two important processes that plants employ to protect themselves against abiotic stresses. ABA-, stress, and ripening-induced (ASR) proteins have been identified to participate in such responses. Previous studies have proposed that these proteins can act as transcription factors and as molecular chaperones protecting tr ...