Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Chunzhen; Fei, Shui-zhang; Warnke, Scott; Li, Lijia; Hannapel, David
- Journal of plant physiology 2009 v.166 no.13 pp. 1436
- Lolium perenne; Lolium multiflorum; transcriptome; DNA libraries; expressed sequence tags; gene expression regulation; transcription (genetics); cold tolerance; acclimation; cold stress; plant stress
- ... Cold acclimation dramatically increases freezing tolerance in many temperate plant species. An understanding of cold acclimation is important for extending adaptation areas of perennial ryegrass. Freezing tolerance is greatly increased in perennial ryegrass cv. 'Caddyshack' after cold acclimation. Genes differentially regulated during cold acclimation were identified by analyzing the abundance of ...
- Li, Dong-Mei; Staehelin, Christian; Zhang, Yi-Shun; Peng, Shao-Lin
- Journal of plant physiology 2009 v.166 no.13 pp. 1423-1435
- Mikania micrantha; gene expression regulation; transcription (genetics); expressed sequence tags; DNA libraries; Cuscuta campestris; parasitic plants
- ... The influence of Cuscuta campestris on its host Mikania micrantha has been studied with respect to biomass accumulation, physiology and ecology. Molecular events of this parasitic plant-plant interaction are poorly understood, however. In this study, we identified novel genes from M. micrantha induced by C. campestris infection. Genes expressed upon parasitization by C. campestris at early post-pe ...